Friday, March 20, 2015

Five for Friday: March 20



I got a little more techy this week!
I have started using Reflector in my room a lot more. It has been an easier way (less prep than making flipcharts) to go over different worksheets/activities/homework with my kids. It also lets me be mobile in the room, unlike having to be standing at the Promethean board to annotate.  




I also let my kids use QR codes to check their work. 
This is a great setup by Katie May on TPT. 
I like that the answers are on a separate sheet. My kids had to do all the problems, check with me, and then receive the answer key.




We also did the Taxation w/out Representation role play by Young Teacher Love.
It was awesome!!!

This colonist is sad because she has no more jelly beans to pay.


My principal came in as the "Queen of England."

The little piggy in the blue in the front loudly asked "Can we start the war now?!" 
I also was close to getting pummeled by some plastic cups, since I was one of the Tax Collectors. 
Ha Ha! It was a great representation of the unfair taxes and definitely got their blood running.



My hubby was super sweet to me and made this DELICIOUS chicken for me since I was craving it yesterday. 

Check out the recipe at Mel's Kitchen Cafe.
Breaded Garlic Chicken in Lemon-Butter Sauce





Instagram teaser:


I did a reveal with my students today! They were so excited to find out.
We took them outside, had them choose which side to stand based on their guess, and then I cut open the top to release the balloons!


Instagram Reveal:
Big sister holding a new dress for her little sister!!

We are pretty excited! :)


Thanks for stopping by!
*Steph*

No comments:

Post a Comment