Friday, August 29, 2014

Five for Friday: Back in the Groove

I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks. I have been busy figuring out some unexpected things for school and then trying to relax at home with my family. Key word: trying 
My husband is super sweet and I am lucky that he tolerates my incapacity to just leave things alone. I am hoping that by Mid-September that I will have the majority of my kinks worked out. 

Now for...

My husband finally came home from his {10 day turned 2 1/2 week) work assignment right in the middle of back to school. I will admit, I was a little overwhelmed during that time.
He is definitely my rock.

 


We had a beautiful double (full) rainbow and a view of Pioneer Peak. 
We were in the car so this picture really doesn't do it justice.



We meal planned and I had leftovers for a lunches for a couple of days. Yay!


Both were yummy and not difficult to make. 
This is my first go to website for fairly simple recipes.


I found a solution to the passing out/collecting materials!
Future post to come.
As well as how I am going to run my intervention reading class, social studies for each homeroom, and my *hopefully-still in the planning phase* somewhat flipped math class! 



We have an "Opening Day PD" for the ENTIRE district (we span at least 2 hours driving from one side the the other) the Friday before Labor Day every year. I think part of it is because the Alaska State Fair starts after we go back to school, so they give families a day to go without missing school. We teachers meet and have kind of a "State of the District" address, a keynote speaker or two, some pretty yummy food from our nutrition services and get out early.

Our district is beginning "Capturing Kids Hearts" from the Flip Flippen group. 
They also made a "Happy" video, I didn't get the part that our kids were in but if I am able to post it, I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment