Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Possessed Scavenger Hunt

We needed to review possessive nouns and I knew that my kiddos would love to walk around the room. I decided find use some task cards. I ended up using Rachel Lynette's Possessive Nouns task cards. I placed the cards while my students were working on their Entry Work, this way they knew something was coming up. 

I introduced our Possessed Scavenger Hunt. Totally appropriate as Halloween is near.
Did a few examples using my document camera.
Gave my expectations.
Set the timer and let them go.
The students worked extremely well. It gave me a chance to observe them and to determine if they understood possessive nouns.




One student using a strategy of covering the "s" to see if it is part of the plural.



Thanks for stopping by!

*Steph*

No comments:

Post a Comment