Saturday, May 2, 2015

Currently: May







Listening: I'm really feeling the need to nest so I lugged up my totes filled with the newborn clothes from my 2 year old. I've also decided that I need to find some new books/series to read/listen to. I'm really glad that our borough library has an online component. While it doesn't have all the books I want, it still has a lot to choose from! Check out the Instagram hashtag #wecantputbooksdown for some great suggestions on what to read/listen to.

Loving: If you'd read any of my past posts, you'll know that I feel like I had a semi-rough year this year. I am quite seriously on the count down (11 more student contact days) and am super relieved to have a short teaching week next week. We have MAP testing which replaces some actual lesson time, I have a district committee meeting on Thursday, and a school site based PD day on Friday. It makes me feel like I can rejuvenate for one more 5 day week!

Thinking: I truly depend on my hubby to ground to  me. These last couple weeks have been a struggle for me as he's been staying at school late to finish up projects and also going to a fire instructor course. This pregnancy has my emotions going haywire and he has been stressed. Next week will hopefully be a great, non stressful week in our home!

Wanting: In my impulse to nest, I want to replace a lot of things and buy all the cute, color-coordinated organization. I am trying very hard to restrain myself and keep in mind the things I would rather have that require saving and would help our family make memories. 

Needing: Yup, I'm showing now (6 months) and definitely don't fit in most of my clothes anymore. I have a hard time buying clothes that I won't wear for very long, but I want to be comfortable without looking frumpy.

Here's the requested Bump Pic in a new shirt I just got... 
I hadn't done my hair yet so it's fresh from the shower.


Summer: Nesting impulse again! Our downstairs room has became a mess when we tried to reorganize our garage and our storage under the stairs. We have some friends coming to visit so we need to get our extra room ready for them.
One additional thing I forgot to add to the photo….SUN!! We have 15+ hours of daylight now and I am loving it! It's a glorious time in AK when you have hours of sun to soak in!




Thanks to Farley for hosting and Fancy Free in 4th for sponsoring!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! How cool, 15+ hours of sunlight?! I'm in Missouri and I feel lucky to have daylight until 8pm. It really does make you just feel so much better though. Leaving school in the winter at 5pm when it's already dark makes me want to do absolutely nothing that's productive after getting home.

    -Melanie
    A Trendy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to a short week, too! My teammate and I are headed out of town Thursday and Friday for some PD. And-I am also trying to clean the mess I made while organizing another mess. My dining room has become the catch-all for everything being donated. It's never ending!!! Have a great short week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to a short week, too! My teammate and I are headed out of town Thursday and Friday for some PD. And-I am also trying to clean the mess I made while organizing another mess. My dining room has become the catch-all for everything being donated. It's never ending!!! Have a great short week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post a bump pic! I remember those nesting days! I wish I had that energy and drive right now to finish some of my projects! Hope your summer comes quickly!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post! First of all congratulations on the new baby to be! How exciting for you. Also, how cool that you have so many hours of daylight. I'm jelly... however I feel like I can barley make it through the 12 hours right now in WI. I'm pooped. My one year old is just wearing me out. Good luck getting all of your organizing done. I know how it can feel so good to accomplish all of it!

    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph,

    Congratulations! You have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Head over to my blog, A Trendy Teacher, to read more about it.

    -Melanie
    A Trendy Teacher

    ReplyDelete