Wow! I really wasn't expecting to be nominated for the Liebster award but I'm really touched by Melanie at A Trendy Teacher for thinking of me! It's an award to honor newer bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who have great content.
Part of the Liebster Award is sharing more about yourself and introducing your followers to other great blogs. Here goes nothing.
1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I think I technically started blogging in Oct of 2013 but didn't really make a true effort to post until the following spring.
2. What one word sums up your blog and why?
I am not one who creates my own products. I love to use what others have created and tweak them to fit my needs. I also try to keep a super simple classroom. If things are too crazy in there, it's hard to stay caught up, organized and well prepared so that I can spend more quality time with my family.
3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey wished you knew before?
I still feel pretty new to the scene, but participating in Linky Parties had really helped me blog more, reflect more, and connect more.
4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
Hm... It varies but besides spending time with my family, I really like to read, digital scrapbook with Heritage Makers, or do something physical outside when it's warm weather.
5. How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog?
I don't have a set amount. I use it as a break from the normal day to day things, but I'm trying to be more consistent with at least one-two posts a week.
6. What category of blog posts do you most enjoy?
I really like the technology posts. It really helps me think about the way I'm using it in my classroom. Also, how I can help other teachers in my school use the iPads that we have since I am a part of our Tech Committee. There is soo much out there!
7. Which post have you written that you are most proud of?
I would have to say my post about using the app Explain Everything to create math videos for my class. Looking back at it made me realize that I really should do a follow up based on how things are going now. Check it out here.
This second post is also one I like because of the variety of things shared...classroom, product, recipe, and a personal touch.
8. Is there a post that you have been planning to do, but have been postponing for a while now?
I didn't think so but when I was looking for the post I'm proud of, I saw that I was going to try a series called App of the Day. I have 4-5 started but never finished/posted. I'm not sure if I should still try that or just link up with someone who already has a technology linky going.
9. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I am amazed that the people that I have met! I find connections between myself and others that really make the world feel small. Ha Ha. It also reassures me that I am not the only one having struggles and to keep looking at the positive! Living in Alaska I'm not able to go to any "blogger meet ups," but I still find it fun to read what others are up to.
10. Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?
There are too many to choose from! My most recent find are these Matchbox Summaries from Got To Teach. It would also be fairly simple to work into novel studies or book reports.
To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out". (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)
2. Answer the 10 questions (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated. Then provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/she can learn more about you as well!