Sunday, June 29, 2014

Five for Friday… a few days late

I have been pretty busy spending time with my parents and nephew. They are up here for 10 days. Here is what we've been up to for the last week:


ONE

A visit to the Alaska Zoo. It isn't much but it has some fun arctic animals.
The kids got a good look at a snow leopard. :)

TWO

Visited the Alaska Museum of Natural History.
It is a small museum crammed with a lot of things. It has a lot of things you can touch, but also a lot of reading. The kids really enjoyed the "Dino Dig" in the play area. The 'dirt' is actually a bunch of small rubber pieces.

THREE

We visited one of my dad's high school friends in Valdez…about 6 hours away. It was a long drive but very beautiful. My dad, hubby, and nephew went out for a ride in Prince William Sound. They picked up our friends' shrimp pods with 80 shrimp. It was delicious eating! They also got to see sea lions, sea otters, and seals.


FOUR
We stopped by the Iditarod Headquarters and it happened to be the day the mushers sign up for the race. We saw Mitch Seavey, 2013 winner, but we were able to get a picture with Lance Mackey. He has won the Iditarod 4 times.


FIVE
We are an ice cream loving family!



I will probably be in and out over the next month. We got news that my grandpa (my mom's dad) isn't doing too well. Since my daughter is still under 2 until Dec. she is still free to fly. We figure that this is a good time for us two to go visit. I'll see if I'm able to link up with things while I'm in the EO (Eastern Oregon). Hope you all are doing well!

*Steph*

1 comment:

  1. :( I'm sorry to hear that your granpa is not doing well. I will be saying prayers for you all for safe travels and for good health. The good thing about blogging is it will still be here when you return. Enjoy the time with your family! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete