Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Book A Day --Playing Catch Up

Wow! It has been a whirlwind the last week or so. My husband has been in an engineer training class to drive the fire trucks for the past 4 weeks in the evening/weekend. (Yes, I am married to a fireman and yes, I know I am lucky :) ha ha! ) Mother's Day was a relaxed, but spent most of the day not at home. Then, the fourth grade from my school went on an overnight field trip Tuesday-Wednesday. Grades were due today and we have 3 more school days. Phew! I'm going to be playing catch up on quite a few things for the next few weeks. I also have a big statewide Girl's Camp to help take care of the food for the girls in my church ward and 2 other wards. Here comes the end of the year and summer! YAY! Bring it on!

Anyways…. just some books to play catch up…. I don't know what days they are….





The kids find this book hilarious! I pull it out when we discuss homonyms and homographs. The pictures really help them decipher the meanings of the words.  


Our librarian has used this book at the beginning of the year to help build community. I think it would be fun and eye opening to give each kids their own color and have them create a bigger picture. You could even divide them up into smaller groups if you don't have enough for each kid to have a different color.


This last book was recommended to me by one of our 1st grade teachers. She said that her students love it and that my daughter would probably like it too. She was right!


Pete the Cate and His Four Groovy Buttons by Eric Litwin

As you can tell, my 17 month old daughter has loved this book well. This is a great story for anybody! You could use this book when introducing subtraction. It even has subtraction problems written in the book. My husband said that it had a good lesson for me. I tend to stress and worry. Pete the Cat does not. Check out the official Pete the Cat website. It has videos and activities to go with the stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment