Friday, May 9, 2014

Five for Friday {May 9}


 I'm joining the party! It's still Friday here for another hour or so!


This is my first link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. :) I'm excited for the opportunity to reflect on my week and think of 5 positive things that have happened. There's nothing like a positive attitude to help make your day a little brighter.



I received the following email today! It's official! :) 







I love that I have a 17 month old girl that loves to play in the dirt and rocks. We've been having some pretty great weather here and we are taking full advantage of it!






We technically have 7 days left with students, but the 4th grade is going on our overnight field trip to the Seward Sea Life Center and the Kenai Fjords Marine Science Explorers Program! (more to come on that…) Between our field trip, year end assembly, a salmon release, and our field day, there is only 2 'normal days' left! It's going to be an exciting 1 1/2 weeks!




We did data talk & grouping cards at our school today as part of our professional development.

While arranging my students by their MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) RIT scores on a matrix based on their growth, I noticed that all of my intervention math students increased this year! No one went down or even stayed the same! There were some big gains made by some of my most frustrating students! Woot Woot!

In the process of grouping cards, I was able to get a sneak peak at my homeroom class next year. I'm pretty excited! I was a little nervous about moving up with my 4th graders, but as time has gone on I've become more excited about it. I will definitely have some on my radar but I have somewhat of an idea of what to expect and can be ready to go for them on Day 1. 


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Master's degree - that is quite an accomplishment working full-time and having a 17 month old. I am impressed! It's great that spring is finally arriving after the long winter - even though, here in Mass., our winter is much "better" than yours in Alaska - although spring is having a hard time getting here this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our weather has been pretty warm while the rest of the nation had all those ice/snow days! I hope spring and even summer arrives quickly for you! :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new degree! Wow SEVEN days! We have five WEEKS! I found you through Five for Friday. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know if I could handle 5 more weeks! Good Luck! :)

      Delete